Cohort Scholar Application
LAUNCHED Cohort Scholar Eligibility
Eligibility criteria include:
- Early career scientists (post-doctoral fellows and early career faculty) from partner
and neighboring institutions with an interest in diabetes, nutrition, and/or obesity
research. We also welcome applicants from other institutions from Louisiana and neighboring
states such as Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, and Arkansas.
- Partner institutions currently include Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Southern University, Louisiana State University A&M, Xavier University of Louisiana, Tulane University, and LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans. For more information about whether your institution may qualify as a partner, please contact email@example.com.
- Early career scientists who do not have a current or previous NIH (or equivalent) independent research, support, excluding fellowship or career development awards.
- Scientists from underrepresented racial and ethnic minority groups.
- Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic minority groups include Blacks/African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, American Indian/Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders.
- Must have a PhD or MD or equivalent degree.
- There is no citizenship requirement but visiting scientists with whom a partner institution does not have a long-term collaborative relationship will not be considered.
Deadline for LAUNCHED Cohort Scholar application is June 1, 2023!
The LAUNCHED Cohort Application consists of two components: 1) your CV, and 2) a Personal Statement.
Your Personal Statement should include your research interests, short and long-term career goals, and what you would like to get out of this Cohort Scholars Program, including your goals for the mentorship you will receive as part of the Program. Limit the Personal Statement to 1 single-spaced page maximum with Arial 11pt font and 0.5” margins.
Please upload your CV and Personal statement as PDF documents using the “Apply Now” link below.
If you prefer, please email us at LAUNCHED@pbrc.edu