- Postdoctoral Fellow, Metabolism; Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA, 2015-2019
- PhD, Exercise Physiology; University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN, 2015
- MPH, Epidemiology; University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN, 2015
- BA, Economics; Carleton College, Northfield, MN, 2005
- Use of tailored treatment strategies (e.g., diet, exercise, pharmacologic therapies, etc.) to promote healthy aging
- Effect of menopause (loss of ovarian function) on adipose tissue accumulation and metabolic health
- Effect of midlife sleep disturbances on peripheral tissue metabolism
- Marlatt KL, Lovre D, Beyl RA, Tate CR, Hayes EK, Burant CF, Ravussin E, Mauvais-Jarvis F. Effect of conjugated estrogens and bazedoxifene on glucose, energy and lipid metabolism in obese postmenopausal women. Eur J Endocrinol. 2020;183(4):439-452.
- Marlatt KL, Gilmore LA, Flanagan EW, Redman LM. Dietary considerations for postmenopausal women. Nutrition Guide for Physicians and Related Healthcare Professionals (3rd Edition). Wilson T, Temple NJ, Bray GA. 2020. [Accepted 2020]
- Marlatt KL, Redman LM, Beyl RA, Smith SR, Champagne CM, Yi F, Lovejoy JC. Racial differences in body composition and cardiometabolic risk during the menopause transition: a prospective, observational cohort study. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020;222(4):365.e1-18.
- Marlatt KL. "Use of hormones to achieve weight loss." The North American Menopause Society: Menopause E-Consult. March 2020.
- Marlatt KL, Greenway FL, Schwab JK, Ravussin E. Two weeks of moderate hypoxia improves glucose tolerance in individuals with type 2 diabetes. Int J Obes. (Lond). 2020;44(3):744-747.
- Johannsen DL, Marlatt KL, Conley KE, Smith SR, Ravussin E. Metabolic adaptation is not observed after 8 weeks of overfeeding but energy expenditure variability is associated with weight recovery. Am J Clin Nutr. 2019;110(4):805-813.
- Marlatt KL, Beyl RA, Redman LM. A qualitative assessment of health behaviors and experiences during menopause: a cross-sectional, observational study. Maturitas. 2018;116:36-42.
- Marlatt KL, Redman LM, Burton JH, Martin CK, Ravussin E. Persistence of weight loss and acquired behaviors 2 years after stopping a 2-year calorie restriction intervention. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;105(4):928-935