- Dr. Johnson holds the Ph.D. degree in Biostatistics from Tulane University, Master of Applied Statistics from North Carolina State University, Master of Science in Biometry from Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center and Bachelor of Science in Mathemetics from Southeastern Louisiana State University.
Dr. Johnson's research is strongly linked to providing consultation, guidance and analytical collaborative resources to researchers in the basic, clinical and population sciences including investigators engaged in research to discover whether their findings translate across these disciplines. The biostatistical expertise needed in these collaborations spans a broad range of statistical methods and often create opportunities to develop new methods. Dr. Johnson's interests have always been stimulated by the challenges of new scientific discovery and the search for novel and improved statistical appoaches that enhance the analytical interpretation of new discovery leading to improved health.
- J. Simon, L.M. DiCarlo, C. Krugar, W.D. Johnson, C. Kappen, B.K. Richards. Gene expression in salivary glands: effects of diet and mouse chromosome 17 locus regulating macronutrient intake. Physiological Reports 2015 Feb 22; 3(2) e12311.
- L. Zhang, Wenting Xie, W.D. Johnson. Performance of interval estimators for the inverse hypergeometric distribution. Communications in Statistics – Simulation and Computation. Jan 2015 44:5, 1300-1310.
- T.V. Barreira, J.M. Schuna Jr., E.F. Mire, S.T. Broyles, P.T. Katzmarzyk, W.D. Johnson, C.Tudor-Locke. Normative steps/day and peak cadence values for United States children and adolescents: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2005-2006. The Journal of Pediatrics 2015; 166(1):139-143.
- J.M. Schuna Jr., D.L. Swift, C.A. Hendrick, M.T. Duet, W.D. Johnson, C.K. Martin, T.S. Church, C. Tudor- Locke. Evaluation of a workplace treadmill desk intervention: A randomized controlled trial. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 2014 Dec; 56(12):1266-1276.
- R.L. Newton Jr., A.M. Marker, H.R. Allen, R.M. Machtmes, H. Han, W.D. Johnson, J.M. Schuna Jr., S.T. Broyles, C. Tudor-Locke, T.S. Church. Parent-targeted mobile phone intervention to increase physical activity in sedentary children: Randomized pilot trial. Journal of Medical Internet Research mHealth uHealth 2014 (Nov10); 2(4): e48.
- C. Tudor-Locke, C.A. Hendrick, M.T. Duet, D.L. Swift, J.M. Schuna Jr., C.K. Martin, W.D. Johnson, T.S. Church. Implementation and adherence issues in a workplace treadmill desk intervention. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism 2014 Oct; 39(10): 1104-1111.
- V.H. Myers, M. A. McVay, M.M. Brashear, W.D. Johnson, A. Gupta, P.J. Brantley, D.H. Ryan. Five year medical and pharmacy costs after a medically-supervised intensive treatment program for obesity. American Journal of Health Promotion 2014. Jul-Aug; 28(6): 364-371.
- R. Gularte-Merida, L. M. DiCarlo, G. Robertson, J. Simon, W.D. Johnson, C. Kappen, J.F. Medrano, B.K. Richards. High-resolution mapping of a genetic locus regulating preferential carbohydrate intake, total kilocalories, and food volume on mouse chromosome 17. PLoS One 2014 Oct 20 9(10); e110424.
- C. Tudor Locke, J.M. Schuna Jr, P.T. Katzmarzyk, W. Liu, K.S. Hamrick, W.D. Johnson. Body mass index: Accounting for full time sedentary occupation and 24-hr self-reported time use. PLoS One 2014 Oct 8; 9(10) e109051.
- D.M. Cheng, N. Pogrebnyak, P. Kuhn, A. Poulev, P. Rojas-Silva, W.D. Johnson, I. Raskin. Polyphenol-rich Rutgers scarlet red lettuce improves glucose metabolism and liver lipid accumulation in diet induced obese C57BL/6 mice. Nutrition 2014 Jul-Aug; 30 (7-8 Suppl): S52-S58.
- I. Kheterpal, P. Scherp, L. Kelley, Z. Wang, W.D. Johnson, D.M. Ribnicky, W.T. Cefalu. Bioactives from Artemesia dracunulus L. enhance insulin sensitivity via modulation of skeletal muscle protein phosphorylation. Nutrition 2014 Jul-Aug; 30 (7-8 Suppl): S43-S51.
- J.C. Rood, J.M. Schwartz, T. Gettys, R.L. Mynatt, T. Mendoza, W.D. Johnson, W.T. Cefalu. Effects of Artemisia species on de novo lipogenesis in vivo. Nutrition 2014 Jul-Aug; 30 (7-8 Suppl): S17-S20.