- M.S. University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL (Biology)
- Ph.D. University of Georgia, Athens, GA (Botany)
Dr. Burk is the director of the Cell Biology and Bioimaging Core at PBRC, which provides access to state of the art imaging, analytical, and histological equipment as well as technical expertise and assistance to researchers at PBRC, LSU's main campus, and outside the LSU university system.
Department: Cell Biology, Cell Imaging and Cell Culture
- Reiner DJ, Mietlicki-Baase EG, McGrath LE, Zimmer DJ, Bence KK, Sousa GL, Konanur VR, Krawczyk J, Burk DH, Kanoski SE, Hermann GE, Rogers RC, and Hayes MR. Astrocytes regulate GLP-1 receptor-mediated effects on energy balance. J Neurosci 2016; 36(12):3531-40.
- Burke, S.J., Eder, A.E., Regal, K.M., Karlstad, M.D., Burk, D.H., Noland, R.C. and Collier, J., 2016. Oral Corticosterone Administration Reduces Insulitis but Promotes Insulin Resistance and Hyperglycemia in Male Non-obese Diabetic Mice. The FASEB Journal, 30(1 Supplement), pp.431-6.
- Vandanmagsar, B., Warfel, J.D., Wicks, S.E., Ghosh, S., Salbaum, J.M., Burk, D., Dubuisson, O.S., Mendoza, T.M., Zhang, J., Noland, R.C. and Mynatt, R.L., 2016. Impaired Mitochondrial Fat Oxidation Induces FGF21 in Muscle. Cell reports, 15(8), pp.1686-1699.
- Salbaum, J.M., Kruger, C., MacGowan, J., Herion, N.J., Burk, D. and Kappen, C., 2015. Novel Mode of Defective Neural Tube Closure in the Non-Obese Diabetic (NOD) Mouse Strain. Scientific reports, 5.
- Wanders D, Burk DH, Cortez CC, Van NT, Stone KP, Baker M, Mendoza T, Mynatt RL, Gettys TW. UCP1 is an essential mediator of the effects of methionine restriction on energy balance but not insulin sensitivity. FASEB J. 2015 Jun;29(6):2603-15. Doi: 10.1096/fj.14-270348. Epub 2015 Mar 5.