10 Reasons to Work for Pennington Biomedical
- Excitement - Our researchers rely on the latest molecular, physiological, clinical, behavioral, and bioinformatics technologies. Our research yields new knowledge and impacts many lives. Our findings can be found here.
- Distinction - Pennington Biomedical is one of the largest academic nutritional research centers in the world.
- Excellent Employee Benefits - As a campus of LSU, Pennington Biomedical offers a multitude of outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents such as: health insurance, retirement, life insurance, dental and vision insurance, long term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, flexible spending account, an employee fitness center and more!
- Core Services - The center provides its research team with state-of-the-art core services designed to improve efficiency, timeliness, and precision of vital technical procedures needed across research boundaries.
- University Support - As a campus of LSU, Pennington Biomedical benefits from close ties with the Baton Rouge campus, the LSU Medical Centers, and the LSU AgCenter.
- Knowledge - We are home to world-class researchers and specialists in neuroscience, stem cell biology, skeletal muscle biology, statistical genetics, diabetes, behavior modification, eating disorders and other areas.
- Meaning - We are dedicated to stopping chronic disease before it becomes a killer. This mindset is the catalyst for our team of scientists dedicated to pursuing a mission of healthier lives through nutrition and preventive medicine.
- Diversity - At Pennington Biomedical we recognize that diversity in all dimensions contributes to the overall quality and success of the center.
- Tuition Exemption - Full-time employees (other than faculty) that are employed for at least one year at 100% effort may register for job-related courses up to six hours per semester (three hours in the summer term) and receive tuition exemption. Three hours a week may be taken during work time if approved by supervisor.
- Work/Life Balance - Pennington Biomedical offers excellent annual leave, sick leave, and paid holidays to employees. Many departments offer flexible schedules to better accommodate employee needs.
LSU/PENNINGTON BIOMEDICAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER