|General Health & Wellbeing
|The purpose of this research study is to investigate genetic factors that may contribute to individuals’ eating behaviors, body weight and binge eating.
Number of visits:
- 1 Clinic visit (approximately 4 hours)
- Blood draw
Eligible participants will take part in an interview with a member of the research team, and complete a series of brief questionnaires that will pertain to eating, emotions, and body image. Participants will have their blood drawn and collected for genetic analysis. All study-related procedures will be done at no cost to participants.
- Age: 18-65
- Healthy adult able to visit the Pennington Center for evaluation
- Able to read and write
- Looking for (If you have any or all of these symptoms):
- Individuals who eat larger amounts of food than others might in similar circumstances, over a similar course of time
- Individuals who experience a feeling of lack of control related to eating
- Individuals who feel they might eat at a faster pace than other people do
- Individuals who sometimes eat in isolation in an effort to conceal their eating from others.
- Overeating occurs more than one time per week
- Individuals who DO NOT utilize compensatory behaviors, such as vomiting, laxatives, diet pills, or other methods to compensate for their eating behavior
- You are NOT eligible to participate in this study if you are:
- Under 18 years of age
- Greater than 65 years of age
- Diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, or Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified subtype of Anorexia or Bulimia
- Unable to participate in a structured interview
- Unable to complete questionnaires
- Unable to visit the Pennington Center for evaluation because of health issues
- Do not agree to have a blood sample stored for genetic analysis
|Approximately 4 hours
|Earn up to $150 in gift certificates to Wal-Mart or Target for participation.
|If you are interested in this study, click here or call or 763-3004 or 763-3123