NEWS & PRESS RELEASES
For more information, contact: Alisha Prather, Director of Communications, at 225-763-2750 or email email@example.com with your questions or comments.
Office of Group Benefits Disaster Bulletin
Released: Wednesday, August 31, 2005
The following is a general bulletin to any state employee, including those at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center, who belong to OGB (Office of Group Benefits).OGB Disaster Bulletin 3: August 31, 2005 11:00 a.m.
- PPO, EPO and MCO plan members who use out-of-network pharmacies will not have to pay a penalty.
- Plan members in the EPO, PPO and MCO plans will be able to refill prescription drugs without the usual 30-day restrictions, until further notice.
- Patients in the PPO who reside east of the Mississippi River will not have to pre-certify medical treatments.
- Plan members in the FARA MCO can call 1-800-427-4511 for help. FARA has moved its customer service operation to Lafayette.
- Plan members in the United EPO should know that claims and customer service functions are up and running.
- United Behavorial Health has a hotline for all OGB members in any plan who have behavioral issues or who need a list of disaster relief assistance resources in their area. The toll-free number is 866-615-8700. Additional resources are also available at the UBM website at liveandworkwell.com.
OGB disaster bulletins are posted on the OGB website at: www.groupbenefits.org
The Pennington Biomedical Research Center is at the forefront of medical discovery as it relates to understanding the causes of obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer and dementia. Itis a campus of the Louisiana State University System and conducts basic, clinical and population research. The research enterprise at the Center includes approximately 80 faculty and more than 25 post-doctoral fellows who comprise a network of 50 laboratories supported by lab technicians, nurses, dieticians, and support personnel, and 19 highly specialized core service facilities. The Center's more than 500 employees perform research activities in state-of-the-art facilities on the 234-acre campus located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.