TOP 10 REASONS TO WORK AT PENNINGTON BIOMEDICAL
- Excitement-Our researchers rely on the latest molecular, physiological, clinical, behavioral, and bioinformatics technologies and our clinical research has yielded new knowledge and impacted many lives. Our findings can be found on our news page.
- Distinction-With eight basic research laboratories, four clinical research units, and nineteen core service laboratories, PBRC is the largest academic-based nutritional research center in the world.
- Excellent Employee Benefits-As a campus of LSU, Pennington offers a multitude of outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents such as: health insurance, retirement, life insurance, dental and vision insurance, long term disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, flexible spending account, employee fitness center and more!
- Core Services-The Center provides its researchers with state-of-the-art core services designed to improve efficiency, timeliness, and precision of vital technical procedures needed across research boundaries.
- University Support- As a member of the Louisiana State University System, the Pennington Center benefits from close ties with LSU’s Baton Rouge campus, the LSU Medical Center, and the LSU Agricultural Center
- Knowledge-Our Center is home to over 70 world-class researchers and specialists in neuroscience, stem cell biology, skeletal muscle biology, statistical genetics, diabetes, behavior modification, eating disorders and other areas.
- Meaning-We are dedicated to stopping chronic disease before it becomes a killer. This mindset is the catalyst for our team of scientists dedicated to pursuing a mission of healthier lives through nutrition and preventive medicine.
- Diversity- At Pennington we recognize that diversity in all dimensions contributes to the overall quality and success of the institution. As a result, the Center employs more than 80 faculty members and over 600 physicians, scientists, and support personnel from all over the world.
- Tuition Exemption- Full-time employees (other than faculty) that are employed at least one year at 100% effort may register for job-related courses up to six hours per semester (three hours in the summer term) and receive tuition exemption. Three hours a week may be taken during work time if approved by supervisor.
- Work/Life Balance- PBRC offers excellent annual leave, sick leave, and paid holidays to its employees. We provide 14 paid holidays, and many departments offer flexible schedules to better accommodate the employee’s needs.
LSU/PBRC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER