These tools are available for any person to use in order to assess their own health status.
- NIH.gov Cholesterol Assessment: Interpretations of Cholesterol levels
- Your Disease Risk Assessment An excellent site. Assesses the risk of developing cancer, heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, and stroke. Includes fact sheets on each disease and identifies the risk factors of each.
- MyPlate.gov SuperTracker: A fun Interactive tool from the USDA which helps individual’s to assess their diet quality.
- NIH.gov Waist Circumference Assessment: Assesses an individual’s abdominal fat stores. A high proportion of fat stored in the abdomen is an independent relative risk factor for obesity related diseases.
- BMI (Body Mass Index) Calculator