| View CV
EDUCATIONLouisiana State University, Psychology, B.S. 1994
Southeastern Louisiana University, Psychology, M.A. 1996
University of Georgia, Psychology, Ph.D., 2000
RESEARCH INTERESTS1. Models of high fat diet-induced obesity
2. Fatty acid sensing by the tongue
3. Brain peptides involved in feeding behavior
4. Interaction of reproductive hormones and brain peptides involved in feeding behaviors
5. Molecules of metabolic importance in skeletal muscle
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS1. Primeaux, S.D., Blackmon, C., Barnes, M.J., Braymer, H.D. & Bray, G.A. (2008) Central administration of the RFamide peptides, QRFP-26 and QRFP-43, increases high fat food intake in rats. Peptides, 29(11), 1994-2000. PMCID:PMC2610851
2. Primeaux, S. D., Barnes, M.J. Braymer, H.D. & Bray, G.A. (2010). Sensitivity to the satiating effects of Exendin 4 is decreased in obesity-prone Osborne-Mendel rats compared to obesity-resistant S5B/Pl rats. International Journal of Obesity, 34(9), 1427-1433.PMCID: PMC2910155
3. Thanos, P.K., Kim, R., Cho, J., Michaelides, M., Anderson, B.J., Robinson, J.K., Primeaux, S.D., Bray, G.A., Wang, G.J., & Volkow, N.D. (2010) Obesity resistant S5B rats showed greater cocaine conditioned place preference than the obesity prone OM rats. Physiology & Behavior, 101(5), 713-718.
4. King, B.M., Primeaux, S.D., Zadeh, M.L., de Gruiter, J.E., Plant, J.D., Ferguson, A.V. & Bray, G.A. (2011). Olfactory bulbectomy impairs the feeding response to 2-deoxy-D-glucose in rats. Brain Research, 1367, 207-212.
5. Thanos, P.K., Cho, J., Kim, R., Michaelides, M., Primeaux, S.D., Bray, G.A., Wang, G.J., & Volkow, N.D. (2011) Bromocriptine increased operant responding for high fat food but decreased chow intake in both obesity-prone and obesity-resistant rats. Behavioural Brain Research, 217(1), 165-170. PMCID: PMC3018148
6. Primeaux, S.D. (2011). QRFP in Female Rats: Effects on High Fat Food Intake and Hypothalamic Prepro-QRFP Expression across the Estrous Cycle. Peptides, 32 (6), 1270-1275.
7. Primeaux, S. D., Braymer, H.D., & Bray, G.A. (2013; epub Sept. 30, 2012) High fat diet differentially regulates olfactory receptors in the duodenum of obesity-prone and obesity-resistant rats. Digestive Diseases and Sciences, 58 (1), 72-76.
8. Primeaux, S. D., Braymer, H.D., & Bray, G.A. (2013; epub Aug. 23, 2012). CD36 mRNA in the gastrointestinal tract is differentially regulated by dietary fat intake in obesity-prone and obesity-resistant rats. Digestive Diseases and Sciences, 58 (2), 363-370.
9. Primeaux, S.D., Barnes, M.J. & Braymer, H.D. (2013; epub, Aug 27, 2013). Invited Review: Hypothalamic QRFP: Regulation of food intake and fat selection. Hormone and Metabolic Research, 45(13), 967-974.
10. Chen, C. S-Y., Bench, E.M., Allerton, T.A., Schreiber, A.L., Arceneaux III, K.P. & Primeaux, S.D. (2013; epub Oct. 23, 2013). Differential orosensory preference of linoleic acid in obesity-prone and obesity-resistant rats is attenuated by the reduction of CD36 on the tongue. American Journal of Physiology-Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology, 305(11), R1346-1355.
11. Simon L, LeCapitaine N, Berner P, Vande Stouwe C Mussell J. C , Allerton T, Primeaux S. D, Dufour J, Nelson S, Bagby G. J, Cefalu W, Molina P. E. (2014; epub March 26, 2014). Chronic binge alcohol consumption alters myogenic gene expression and reduces in vitro myogenic differentiation potential of myoblasts from rhesus macaques. American Journal of Physiology-Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology. ^ top